Some people believe the best places to learn flying are only in European countries.
And that’s due to the progress of European countries in various fields, such as education, health, technology, and other areas, which is why many people want to go there.
However, the question here is, are only European countries making these advancements in different fields, or are there other developed countries where there are many advantages and attractions, but we don’t know anything about them?
South Africa is one such developed country we don’t know much about.
The country stands out for its education and health, just as European countries do.
South Africa is also known for its advanced aviation industry.
Moreover, it has been named the 5th most beautiful country in the world in 2017 according to a Travel Guidebook Rough Guides poll.
It has also hosted some international and local events (which we will discuss in more detail later).
Here, you’ll learn about the most important reasons and advantages that make South Africa a developed country and why it’s an ideal place to study aviation.
Let’s get started!
Here’s what we’ll discuss:
- Is South Africa a developed country?
- Everything you need to know about South Africa
- Learn flying in South Africa
Is South Africa a developed country?
A country’s progress is measured by its economy, which is one of the reasons why this country is considered a developed one.
Taking a look at its economy, we see that the economy of this country is very high; it is considered one of the upper-middle-income countries.
As determined by averagesalarysurvey, the average annual income per person in South Africa is $47,336.
Additionally, its economy is the second-largest in Africa, and it is also among the most expensive and most developed countries on the continent. It is, as well, one of the largest gold producers in the world!
In other words, if you’re wondering whether this country is on par with Europe, its economy proves that.
Apart from the economy, tourism plays a major role.
Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Pretoria are among the most popular cities for many people around the world to enjoy the green lands and beaches that make up a distinctive landscape of beautiful natural places.
And with the increase of tourism, the job opportunities also increase, and on top of them the aviation job. And with flying between so many destinations in the country, the pilot gets to see these incredible places.
Therefore, you should consider studying aviation in South Africa.
Everything you need to know about South Africa
1- Great international and Arab movies were shot in South Africa
- Welad El-Am movie (the scenes filmed outside Egypt were in South Africa).
- The fighting scenes between Ironman and Hulk in Avengers: Age Of Ultron.
- Some scenes of the District 9 movie.
- Some scenes of the movie: Blended 2014.
- Some film clips from Tomb Raider 2018.
2- South Africa’s most significant world events
The 2010 FIFA World Cup
South Africa hosted the 2010 FIFA World Cup, where the Spanish national team won, and it organized the event to the maximum, gaining a good reputation among countries around the world thanks to its successful organization of this event.
Apart from England, it is the only country to have hosted the Football, Rugby, and Cricket World Cups.
3- Life in South Africa
It may be surprising to find that life in South Africa is similar to that in European countries, but it has one more unique feature: it is less expensive than Europe and the USA.
Thus, you can live a luxurious and beautiful life in this country and enjoy low living costs.
Contrary to what some people believe, South Africa has the fun you desire, especially if you are a pilot or pursuing your dream of becoming one!
Studying aviation in South Africa is known worldwide for its quality and the speed with which pilots find jobs because the job market in the field is booming.
We will now discuss aviation in this very special country!
4- Flying to South Africa
Did you know that in this country your chances of getting a high-salary job in aviation are increasing?
The aviation and air transport industries are booming in South Africa, impacting job opportunities for pilots and increasing as the amount of travelers increases. You can see what the industry is like by looking at these stats:
- The South African Airways airline is the second-largest airline in Africa.
- About 55 airlines operate in these countries, along with 68 international destinations.
- With $9.4 billion in GDP, the aviation sector contributes significantly to the South African economy.
- 20.9 million passengers traveled to and from the country in 2017.
- Each year, about 2.1 million people travel from Europe to South Africa.
- In the next 20 years, the air transport aviation market in South Africa is expected to grow by 102%. This will result in 21.4 million additional passengers by 2037.
- Due to all of this, there will be greater demand for aviation jobs, particularly the pilots’ jobs, which will raise the number of job opportunities to 497.4 thousand in that year.
5- The most important facts about South Africa
- There are at least eight World Heritage Sites in South Africa.
- The country is home to 6 of the 10 deepest gold mines in the world, including the Mboneng Mine, which is presently the deepest gold mine in the world.
- Globally, South Africa is the largest producer of platinum. As of 2014, it produced 110.000 kg, which is more than four times as much as the second-largest producer, Russia.
- Approximately 94% of South Africans are literate.
- The first human heart transplant was performed in 1967 at Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town, South Africa.
Learn flying in South Africa
A lot of pilots’ dreams begin at Eagle Air, South Africa.
To have the best experience of learning to fly, you have to choose a great location that allows you to reach your maximum potential.
When it comes to studying aviation in South Africa, Eagle Air School offers the five most important flight licenses required to become a professional pilot and work in flight companies. You can register for these programs here.
And if you were wondering why should you learn aviation in South Africa? Here are the most important factors that make South Africa the best country to study aviation.
The advantages of learning aviation in South Africa
1- Its aviation industry is booming
South Africa welcomed 16 million tourists in 2018, which makes tourism there thriving.
Thus, you will always find aviation at the highest level, which will greatly benefit you, especially since Eagle Air School offers its graduates the chance to do interviews with multiple airlines, as well as work as a flight instructor!
2- English is an official language in the country
Pilots need to know how to communicate in English, and many people are unaware that English is a dominant language in South Africa.
It is where most of the large companies and government institutions use it.
You will therefore be able to use this language to communicate and strengthen your language at the same time.
3- The weather is ideal for learning to fly
The climate in most cities in this country is moderate and ideal to learn flying.
In such an environment you can use your skills professionally during training, making the training enjoyable yet effective at the same time, especially while you’re flying alone (solo) or with the instructor.
4-The most beautiful landscape
There are many people who wish to visit the most beautiful places around the world, and when you learn to fly with Eagle Air School, you will have the opportunity to see those places, live among them, and even watch these sceneries while flying through the sky.
Cities like Johannesburg and Cape Town are among the most important natural places around the world that make millions of people around the world want to visit them.
Here are some of our students studying aviation in South Africa.
Become a pilot within 18 months only
People dream of visiting the most beautiful places in the world, yet the pilot’s profession is to travel between all these sceneries.
If you wish to start your career in aviation, Eagle Air School has the best opportunity by providing you with the necessary qualifications to work for different airlines.
Join our eagles and benefit from our more than a decade of experience in graduating successful pilots.